[Osmf-talk] OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:43:28 UTC 2014

Apologies if this is a bit off topic but It does concern me that we are reliant on the OSMF members who have the
time and the money to attend a GM for it to actually take place.

My understanding of UK law is very limited and I may well have got this
wrong but the following article would suggest that there isn't a
requirement for those attending a GM to be in the same place.

(4) In determining attendance at a general meeting, it is immaterial
whether any two or more members attending it are in the same place as
each other.
 (5) Two or more persons who are not in the same place as
 each other attend a general meeting if their circumstances are such
that if they have (or were to have) rights to speak and vote at that
meeting, they are (or would be) able to exercise them.

http://www.companylawclub.co.uk/topics/general_meetings.shtml

Would it not be possible, at least in theory, to hold a GM online?

Kind Regards

Dudley