[Osmf-talk] SOTM-WG (was: Minutes without public access)

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Mon Nov 17 15:41:08 UTC 2014

On 17.11.2014 00:15, Henk Hoff wrote:

> I’ve just updated the page
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/StateoftheMap_Organizing_Committee
> with the members of the 2014 team.

Thanks!

Reading this following sentence from Henk makes me a littel "confused"...

> There have been no formal meetings with the SotM team this year, and
> therefore there are no official minutes that can be published.

1) Rob indicated to take care about the minites from the 2013 SOTM (once
again thanks for that), but what about the SOTMs 2011, 2012, 2014? And
the minutes from 2010 end in 2009 => no meeting in calendar year 2010
for the SOTM 2010?

2) Maybe there is a general misunderstanding on my side on the role of
the SOTM-WG.
Im my personal understanding the WG is resposible that a location for
the SOTM is selected and that the conference itself is organized.
A lot of the organization will be done by the local team, the SOTM-WG
should (as far as I understand it) guide and support the local team and
also monitor them. On the other side it should be (IMHO) the link to the
board.
But how was this done w/o any official meeting in 2014? Has all been
done in a back room? Reading this reminds me on the dispute between Henk
and Simon some weeks ago where Simon complained about a blind flight
concerning the SOTM from a boad perspective...   :-(
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Cheers,
Michael.