[Osmf-talk] OSMF now also part of the OSM-forum

Christoph (TheFive@OSM) thefive.osm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 07:03:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

i love the idea of generating more For  to OSMF topic to the mapper by being present in the forum.

I have accepted that there are two suboptimal ways of communication in OSM

a) The Mailing list
b) the Forum

There are a lot of fans for the mailing list, discussing this HERE will result in an over average number of mailing list fans.

The forum is NOT available offline, you can’t search in your mail client, but it offers Information in a readable way
for users that where not on the mailing list, when the topic was discussed. So it it has a broader coverage.

The Web View of the mailing list is just the „possibility“ to read things, but not really a usable front end.

For all who do not know:

You can subscribe to this forum, being informed that something happened there.

So if you are in an active forum community, post the existence of OSMF in forum.openstreetmap.org there and invite them
to subscribe to this forum, to be informed.

Christoph