[Osmf-talk] Upcoming Special General Meeting Opinions?

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 18:44:27 UTC 2014

Hello folks,

Several days have passed since the announcement of the Special General
Meeting (SGM) and we have just over a week until the vote occurs.

I note a pattern in OSM related elections where the (sometimes impassioned)
discussion seems to occur at the very last minute, often after proxy votes
have started. Could we perhaps seek to start the discussion about this
meeting before the last minute, and at least before proxy voting starts?

I understand that "The board has decided not to take a position on the
resolutions" ... and that...  "Board members with opinions are asked to
speak their mind".

May I ask that those Board members please feel encouraged to explain a
little bit more about the meeting at this stage?

We, members, do know know who proposed the SGM, or why and may not know
what the changes really mean, and so I think that we may want to know such
things before voting upon them at the end of next week.

Best regards,

Tim