[Osmf-talk] A Better Map

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:50:33 UTC 2014

>> Together, we could do this in 6-12 months and finish addressing in 1-3
>> years. At that point we wouldn’t have just made the world slightly better,
>> we would have put a big dent in the universe. Nobody would use a closed map
>> ever again, and it would be people like you that made it happen.
>
> I agree with you that addressing is very important for a lot of commercial
> (and non-commercial) map users. What I don't understand is how a paid board
> would help us map more addresses.

If I'm reading him right, he didn't suggest a paid board. I could be
wrong, but to me "There are a variety of things those paid staff can
do which the board can decide" implies that the board may be volunteer
but with paid admin/tech staff supporting them (in the same way that
the board currently pays an accountant to support them).

> The only solution seems to get more
> contributors mapping, and have them insert addresses.

That's no contradiction to Steve's message - he's suggesting a
strategy for getting there.

Dan