[Osmf-talk] A Better Map

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Oct 22 12:04:24 UTC 2014

Martin,

It is not necessary to put down a number on each building. It is
possible to use /addr:interpolation/ (/odd, even/, or /all/).

We put down a number on the first building, then on the last, connect
them in JOSM, and add /addr:interpolation: all /. For example here:
http://osm.org/go/0CFn0AZ_d--?m= . It is also very useful on a street
with many small houses. And it is searchable. For example if there is
number 15 and number 27 on the map for a street, and they are connected
with /addr:interpolation: odd, /and//if one searches number 21, the map
will show the number 21 all right.

Then, there is another approach. We first map addressable large
building, where a lot of people live or work. Kind of of going after the
low-hanging fruit.

brgds
Oleksiy