[Osmf-talk] seat rotation

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Oct 23 13:05:22 UTC 2014

I'm in favour of the current seat-rotation in the board, in which ~1/3
of seat are up for each election but this method can be improved.

I am in favour of declaring the seats to be in three otherwise equal
groups, say "A", "B", and "C", in which the seats have given
expiration dates.  All of group "A" at one election all of group B at
the next, etc. This will add clarity to who has a mandate until when.

The past habit of the board deciding internally who should step down
when, possibly by drawing straws seems weird to me.