[Osmf-talk] Running

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Thu Oct 23 19:42:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 08:51:17PM +0200, Kathleen Danielson wrote:
> This is one of the least professional, rudest emails I have ever seen on an
> OSM mailing list. It is completely out of line.

The words may have been harsh but maybe they were called for.

Maybe we should all stop pretending that Steve Coast is the shiny role
model for OSM. He may have started OSM but from his actions today I can only
presume that he also wishes to end it.

Steve has a long history of being impossible to discuss with and of
personally insulting pretty much anybody who disagrees with him, so the
board members have always been a natural target. You can read that up in the
mailing lists. I don't have the energy right now to look through the archives for
you. He has managed to wear out pretty much anybody who is a bit more deeply
involved in the project and as you can read from his mails, he is well aware
of it. So the only thing he could achieve by standing for the board is to
cause the shitstorm that has indeed ensured. Meanwhile, he puts himself into
the spotlight as the one who comes to the rescue. Unfortunately, it always
works because there are always new people who have only heard of him as the
great founder and not yet experienced his vicious attacks.

I am utterly sorry that I was the one to give Steve the opening he needed to
stage this coup-d'etat. I'm long enough with the project and should have known
that the osmf mailinglist is not a place to be trusted. But what is done is
done. Now we have lost pretty much the best chairman that could have happend
to OSMF and we somehow have to deal with it.

Or maybe you have to deal with it. I, for one, do not wish to be in a OSMF
where Steve Coast is anywhere near the board, not as member, not as chairman
and not even as chairmen emiratus or whatever title he has managed to invent
for himself. I don't even want to be in a OSMF where he stands for board
election. As Ilya stated, such as it is, it is all nothing but a farce.

Sarah