[Osmf-talk] (sub-) continent position

Laurentius laurentius.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 10:14:58 UTC 2014

Il giorno sab, 25/10/2014 alle 13.26 +0200, Oleksiy Muzalyev ha scritto:
> It could be beneficial to have one position on the board reserved for
> a representative of a (sub-) continent (Asia, India, S. & C. America,
> Africa, Oceania). Someone like Satya Nadella at Microsoft or Bishakha
> Datta at WMF.

Actually, there are no reserved seats in the WMF Board. The board
commits to have a membership as diverse as possible, and I expect that
the trustee that will take the place of Bishakha (her term is about to
end, and unfortunately she is not available for re-appointment) will not
be from Europe or North America, but it might not be from India.

It's a good thing to have people from different places (it's not good to
se that all the current OSMF board candidates are from North America or
Germany), but I don't think it would be wise to enforce it strictly.

Laurentius