[Osmf-talk] AGM and board elections

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 18 12:50:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 09/18/2014 12:55 PM, Mikel Maron wrote:
>> The way the numbers currently play out have an (IMHO) undesirable
>> consequence in that one of last years elects will have a four year term.
>
> Can you elaborate on this? My understanding is that 1/3 of the Board
> goes for election each year, so max 3 year term.

The 1/3 is rounded down, so two member's terms expire every year. But
the board consists of seven members.

This hasn't played a role in the past because every so often someone
would quit (fsvo of) voluntarily, and then two *more* terms expire,
which has in the past often lead to more than two seats being up for
(re)election.

Bye
Frederik