[Osmf-talk] AGM and board elections

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Sep 20 23:16:30 UTC 2014

On 9/20/2014 11:43 AM, Randy Meech wrote:
> When you
> look at the shockingly low number of votes required to get elected
> (merely 57 votes elected Oliver in 2013!
> https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2013/09/09/election-results/),
It's worth noting that the AoAs now specify STV as a voting method. It
also makes breakdowns of votes by candidate harder to produce.

I'd like to see increased diversity through increased participation in
working groups. The working groups
(http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Groups) are where the actual
business of the OSMF gets done, require a less formal committment, and
are generally looking for more people. Some of them, like the CWG,
require no more than an ability to write in a language, an ability to
read English, and a willingness to chip in with the work.