[Osmf-talk] Death and evolution

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Sep 26 16:38:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> In the past two years the OSMF has not received a single funding
> request, project proposal or similar. In my book that doesn't really
> amount to trying hard at all.

Doesn't the lack of a single funding request raise some concern? Have we
asked why? Do we have barriers that we are not even aware of?

I agree with Pawel. There is obviously a need for development as shown by
the success of iD. Why didn't we fund that project? We complain about
Mapbox, yet what have we done? Having an active Board that sets direction
with clear goals to me is a preferred to the current state of evolution.

I think a number of us are looking for candidates to step forward to lead
OSM. Recent emails point to challenges that OSMF should be tackling, such
as diversity. Instead of waiting for for profit corporations to develop
tools, we fund that development.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle