[Osmf-talk] Reaching out and diversity (Was: Re: AGM and board elections)

Randy Meech randy.meech at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 03:45:47 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> Given that you singled me out, I believe i should respond despite my
> better judgement telling me that it likely not going to bring this
> thread back to a reasoned discussion.
>
> As to all the things you accused me off, I would suggest simply going
> back and rereading my contributions simply at face value without over
> interpreting the contents. I do apologize for being  rather grumpy about
> the way I was quoted in Kathleens mail, I assume it was just an honest
> mistake.

I've also been contacted by people (privately and publicly) saying that my
reading of things was a cultural misinterpretation. If so I apologize.
However, I do believe that it's important for leadership to be more careful
on topics like this, and more welcoming to people, particularly around
topics of diversity and inclusiveness.

-Randy