[Osmf-talk] Icelandic chapter announcement

Paul Norman paul.norman at osmfoundation.org
Tue Feb 10 09:21:40 UTC 2015

I am pleased to announce the first official local chapter, OpenStreetMap
á Íslandi. This is a subgroup of Hliðskjálf, an Icelandic society for
open and free geographic information data. This is great news, and I am
very glad to have a local chapter across the "finish line" and have
official status. I want to thank Jóhannes from Hliðskjálf for being the
first through this process, and those who have taken it this far before me.

I'm keeping this a fairly short and low-key announcement. You can see
more about the local chapter at http://www.hlidskjalf.is/openstreetmap/
- if you can read Icelandic.

If your organization is interested in becoming a local chapter, first
review the minimum requirements
(http://osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters/FAQ#What_are_the_minimum_requirements_for_a_Chapter.3F)
then collect the required documents
(http://osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters/Application_documents) and
send them to secretary at osmfoundation.org. Or, if confused, just contact
me at secretary at osmfoundation.org.

Paul Norman
Secretary
OpenStreetMap Foundation

Name & Registered Office:
Openstreetmap Foundation
132 Maney Hill Road
Sutton Coldfield
B72 1JU
United Kingdom
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
Registration No. 05912761.