[Osmf-talk] Hiring help for OSMF administrative tasks

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Mar 10 21:15:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

   one of the things that came out of the board meeting in Berlin last
month was that we decided to look into hiring part-time administrative
help to take some of the day-to-day workload off of the shoulders of
board members and other volunteers.

I am writing to ask your opinion of this idea (what tasks would you like
to see OSMF do more of, and where an administrative assistant could
help), but even more so to ask for your experience: Are you involved
with an organisation similar to OSMF (all volunteer work, budget in the
£100k range) who pay for a part-time administrative assistant, and how
do things work out for them? What works, and what doesn't, etc?

You can reply to this message in public or send me email if you'd rather
offer your advice in private. Also, if you should be in a position where
you could actually help the OSMF plan and execute this (perhaps because
you're working in the HR field), please do write and we'll gladly accept
your help.

Bye
Frederik