[Osmf-talk] Hiring help for OSMF administrative tasks

Peter Barth osm at won2.de
Fri Mar 13 23:30:31 UTC 2015

Hi Frederik,

Frederik Ramm schrieb:
> (and the person doing it is a
> volunteer with a day job... of course if we were to have a hired person
> write the minutes maybe it would be quicker... oh but wait you were
> against that ;)

indeed funny :)

Anyway, I really wasn't criticizing a "slowness" but that the board
stopped sending the minutes (once completed) to this list. I tried to
criticize the intransparency and tried to make a point about the problem
for me (us?) as a member to answer questions like yours (which I highly
appreciate) if we know almost nothing about the board and its work. I
know about your work in DWG, I can read about other WGs, but the board
itselfs seems invisible.

Though, I have to put the above into perspective: I know from private
talks and conversations e.g. on FOSSGIS conference that the board
actually is doing work ;) I also have to note that your question and
therefore this thread made most of the board members at least
participate in this conversation. And I think that's what most of us
would like to see (more) after all.

Thanks,
Peda