[Osmf-talk] Special Resolution for General Meeting

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Wed Nov 18 15:17:43 UTC 2015

Right, and I'm also concerned, as an employee of an organization that is currently a corporate member. Since we cannot possible know well in advance, how much will the fee increase (or decrease? what is the plan?), we cannot plan to support OSMF in the future. I assumed OSMF wanted to increase number of corporate members, not to increase fee to get more from these already subscribed. And I remember there was a plan to create corporate membership tiers, so companies get a choice. "Since corporations can't vote this isn't so much an issue" -- but corporations can vote, by pulling out of yearly payments. It's just you won't see the result right away.

This resolution leads to less trust in OSMF, in my opinion. By entities that have money and are willing to help OpenStreetMap. It should have been thought over more. I will vote against it.

IZ