[Osmf-talk] Special Resolution for General Meeting

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Nov 18 19:03:54 UTC 2015

Mikel, it is not quite clear what you are referring to.

We are not discussing accounting systems or similar. The OSMF has had
professionally operated and managed accounting for at least 4 years now
and with the recent alignment of the financial and calendar year the
reporting has become more punctual and doesn't suffer from the effects
from SOTM and financial year timing that historically made the accounts
difficult to understand for lay persons.  I'm further not quite sure
where you believe the wiki enters the picture.

The discussion is about planning, accountability and good corporate
governance. The board asking us to let it off the hook with respect to a
simple trivial formal requirement that it is unable to meet and as
already said I'm OK with that, but, my whole point, I would expect
improvements in planning and similar in exchange, for example a budget
that indicates what increased funds from the fee changes will be
budgeted for.

Simon