[Osmf-talk] Special Resolution for General Meeting

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Wed Nov 18 19:50:29 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 18 November 2015, Andy Allan wrote:

> Also, this discussion seems to return to the theme of "Oh no, what
> happens if nasty Board X does something diabolical" without any
> evidence that this is even likely. The constant - usually baseless -
> distrust might be one of the reasons why there are so few people
> willing to stand - with only 3 days to go, we still only have the
> same number of candidates as there are seats available.
>
> The Board is full of nice people, trying hard, and until there is
> evidence otherwise, we should give them the benefit of the doubt .

Although i think i already made this clear in principle it seems i need
to clarify something here.  This has absolutely nothing to do with
distrust for the board members.  Within the OSMF framework the members
have certain functions to fulfill and if i carefully consider the
possible disadvantages and problems of a resolution up for vote i do
exactly that.  And doing so is a sign of respect for the board members
who fulfill their function as well.  If OTOH i'd vote for the
resolutions brought forward by the board without considering their
effects myself simply because i trust the current board members to do
the right thing that might be a sign of trust but it would also mean
disrespect for them in their function on the board.

I share your concern about the lack of volunteers for the upcoming
elections and the risk of these becoming a farce but i don't think that
by openly discussing matters of OSMF politics i am doing damage here.
On the contrary it might even encourage people who agree or who
disagree likewise to step forward and run for the board - at least i
hope so.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/