[Osmf-talk] osm.map preorder

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Nov 24 12:15:01 UTC 2015

In general we have reasonable good trademark protection for the word
mark OpenStreetMap and we could conceivably take advantage of any
sunrise periods. The problem is where do you stop? Given that gTLDs are
simply a scam run by people that take P. T. Barnum* seriously, I don't
see a big point if supporting such schemes. .map is something I might
consider worth the effort and money but would need to take a number of
different combinations in to account for it to really make sense.

Simon

* naturally, a bit of poetic justice, the phrase is actually
mis-attributed to Barnum