[Osmf-talk] Campaigning

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Fri Nov 27 22:37:27 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how we should organize our election campaigns, and if there should be any, but I hope you won't mind my mail.

I'm Ilya Zverev from Russia, an active member in the OSM community, editor of http://shtosm.ru blog and an OSM podcast (which is also in Russian). Has made a lot of small tools, including Relation Toolbox, BigMap 2 and Level0. Organized a lot of local mapping parties and helped with some conferences, including SotM Baltics 2013. I have almost no management experience, but a lot of ideas and a strong wish to make OSM community more lively and rewarding.

The manifesto (not sure if it can be called that) is at https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Zverik/diary/37268
And I've just recorded a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0CENjG_zMs
It's not great, but I assume this would be the first OSMF elections with videos :)

So, you know, vote for me, and I hope I would deliver.

Thanks,
IZ