[Osmf-talk] OSMF Admin Position

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 13:44:13 UTC 2016

Just over a year ago, OSMF began exploring hiring an administrative assistant. The idea was unanimously put forward following the 2015 Board Face to Face, and extensively discussed on OSMF talk [1], and again in the December election [2]. There has been a robust discussion with a spectrum of views and concerns represented. The 2015 Board worked on drafting the concept, position posting, selection and management process. Since the 2016 Board took office, we've discussed this position several times, and have further revised the position posting and procedures.We are now getting prepared to start the hiring process. At this point, wanted to share highlights of where we are at with OSMF members, and get feedback on what's moving.The position will be for a part time contractor, who could be based anywhere. A good organizer and communicator, and excitement for the mission of OSM will be helpful.The work will be in a support role for the Board, and not in a decision making position. Tasks scoped for the initiation of the position: preparation for meetings, tracking action items and votes; ensure excellent communication between our volunteer community members, working groups and the board; handle inquiries and communicate on behalf of the foundation; and organize our paperwork and publish routine matters and write blog entries.We will post the position on the OSMF website, and advertise on mailings lists and blogs, and actively recruit from contacts over a 1 month period. The selection process will include reviews of CVs, interviews, and a final decision by the Board. Once hired, one Board member will be point for assigning tasks and supervision. We expect that their work will be visible to the whole community.We are hopeful this position will be a big help with organizing the day to day for OSMF, result in more transparency to members, and free up Board time to broaden focus. We're excited to take this step of trying this out, and appreciate any guidance members can share.If you are reading this and you think you may know or even be the right candidate, let us know and we will forward you the job description once we finalize it.-OSMF Board
[1] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2015-March/003257.html[2http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Foundation/AGM15/Election_to_Board#Paying_People * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron