[Osmf-talk] Draft New Corporate Membership Tiers

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Wed Apr 27 23:29:46 UTC 2016

On Thursday 28 April 2016, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> > IMO the problem is also not that companies paying several thousand
> > bucks per year get an additional open ear and special consideration
> > in decisions in the OSM project.
>
> I think you are twisting this the wrong way. I don't know if you
> really believe what you say or if you just want to point out a
> perceived worst case in a "devil's advocate" way, [...]

To answer that question: I firmly believe that the way the current draft
describes the 'regular chat with a board member' benefit is not a good
idea because the negative impression this will likely create with quite
a few of those reading it will outweigh the possible advantages.  This
is not devil's advocate, i am not talking about risks here, this is
about the impressions created by public communication.

But i do not want to drag this discussion endlessly - Kate asked for
feedback and i tried to express my thoughts and further explain them in
subsequent discussion.  But i am well aware this is a highly subjective
matter.  For me though it is always helpful to see angles in a
situation i do not recognize myself and i hope this is the same for you
here.  Frankly i would have expected some level of recognition from you
that the problem i point out could be real - even if you come to the
conclusion that it is insignificant.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/