[Osmf-talk] OSM Awards: Call for Nominees

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Fri Aug 5 22:19:51 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I wrote some weeks ago about OpenStreetMap awards, which we plan to
grant at the next State of the Map conference. I am happy to announce
the opening of the call for nominees!

http://awards.osmz.ru/

There are six categories: Core Systems, Innovation, Writing, Mapping,
Community and the Ulf Möller Memorial Award. You can nominate up to ten
people, groups or organizations for each. Right now the database is
empty, and I decided to give OSMF members a headstart to fill it up a
little.

Eligible are projects or other things that were announced between
2015-08-01 and 2016-08-01 (that is 1st of August).

There are also voting buttons (+1). You can vote for at most five
nominees. The voting is preliminary: it will help us to decide which
nominees would go into the "short list" to be voted on later.

The call for nominees will end on 27th of August. Until then you are
free to add more nominees or change your mind about some.

The source code for the website is open, and I invite you to add
translations to your languages:

https://github.com/Zverik/osmvoting/tree/master/lang

If you find the design of the web site a bit rough, improvements to css
and html are also welcome :) Though the main point now is to collect as
many nominees as we can remember.

Looking forward to publishing a list of the most influential projects of
the past year,
IZ