[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's report for tomorrow's AGM

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Dec 9 17:53:25 UTC 2016

Am 09.12.2016 um 18:06 schrieb Christoph Hormann:
> On Friday 09 December 2016, Simon Poole wrote:
>> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/c/cc/Budget_2016.pdf would
>> answer that at least partially. That was added in April or so and
>> announced by Frederik on May 1st.
> I know - but this does not really provide much more detail than the
> minutes from January.  Certainly (at least i hope) this is not all the
> information the board bases the decision on to approve an 18k budget.
>
> One of the main questions is probably which fraction of these costs were
> one time costs and which part are expected to be recurring.
The TM costs are one time with a reoccurring renewal fee in largish
intervals (~10 years), and yes nearly all of the actually spent LWG
allocated funds in 2016 were TM related.

> If - as i assume - most of the 11k is trademark related it would also
> not seem inappropriate to ask for some public documentation what
> trademarks we have currently registered and where.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Trademark (there's a table with
essentially the same content somewhere on the OSMF wiki).