[Osmf-talk] January board meeting minutes

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Feb 9 20:01:01 UTC 2016

Hi Christoph,

   sorry for being slow on this.

On 01/27/2016 10:30 AM, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Regarding working group budgets i wonder if in the interest of
> transparency the budgets could be published once they are accepted.
> The general finances [1] already include budget information but in most
> cases only overall numbers.  If more detailed budgets are discussed it
> seems to me it would make sense to also publish these.

For most working groups we don't have budgets at all; some ask for a
small amount but don't tell us exactly how much they want to use for
what; and LWG and OWG usually tell us in detail how much money they want
to use for what.

Board would not normally discuss the details of the budget (as in "we
don't think they should spend that much on RAM, they should rather order
more disks!"); board would normally simply say "ok we only have half of
the money that people want so everyone gets half of what they asked for,
period".

>From my perspective it's totally ok to publish the budget details as far
as board has them, once the budget is approved. Board shares this opinion.

We're however probably at least a couple weeks away of approving a 2016
budget.

Bye
Frederik