[Osmf-talk] Promotion of personal projects on OpenStreetMap twitter a/c

Gregory sotm at livingwithdragons.com
Tue Jan 5 12:46:25 UTC 2016

Christopher,

I think CE should be reserved as a rare position but not necessarily
singular. In that case it can become more of a title than having major/any
specific privileges (I believe using the title is something that was
agreed). Not everyone has founded OSM. Maybe the next CE will be someone
who has severed on the OSMF board for 20 years, or who led revolutionary
work that resulted in OSMF membership going from 1% to 50% of the OSM
community.

The OSMF board can already invite anyone (including previous board members)
for advise/support as they wish. Given the apparently-strong desire for the
OSMF board to be 100% fresh faces, I'm not sure the board would be that
bothered about hearing from a board-alumni working group. Meanwhile, board
members usually retire due to having significantly less time/interest to
devote, and there are plenty of non-board OSMers to call on for specific
advise.

If the board are going to consider the CE entitlements and awarding to
other people, could they please add "The Ulf Möller Memorial Award" to the
their agenda beforehand. I don't think it has been awarded even once.
https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2012/05/03/memorial-fund-and-award/

>From the North East of England,
Gregory.