[Osmf-talk] Promotion of personal projects on OpenStreetMap twitter a/c

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Tue Jan 5 16:40:39 UTC 2016

--QUOTE-- from:
http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2015-05-09#AOB --
/Ulf Möller award//
//The Ulf Möller award has been created but never awarded and there are
no criteria for awarding it. No money is dedicated to it./
--UNQUOTE--

There are enterprises which produce custom made medals. For example:
http://www.medallic.com/products/medals.php#gallery . It is possible to
order a custom Ulf Möller award medal from silver, from a noble metal.
The prices of silver now 14.- USD per ounce [1] (1 ounce = 31.1 grams).
There are medals of impressive design which weigh less than 20 grams.

In my opinion, for many people such an award would be more precious than
cash. Plus the same award medal in digital format, and, perhaps, an
attendance ticket to a conference.

It makes sense to order say ten award medals for ten years. One award
winner per year.

brgds
O.

[1] http://silverprice.org/