[Osmf-talk] Corporate members list
frederik at remote.org
Fri Jan 15 08:38:25 UTC 2016
On 01/08/2016 11:33 AM, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> - the membership stats  now list 18 corporate members
> - on the corporate members page  there are only 10 members listed
> - the fact that the other 8 are missing is probably mostly due to
> general logo use policies and delay in obtaining and adding the logos
The process is as follows:
* Someone signs up as a corporate member, which currently requires not
much more than an e-mail address to do.
* This increases the count on the statistics page.
* I send them an email asking for details (invoice address etc)
* Once they reply, they get an invoice.
* Once they pay, I will request their logo and put it up on the page.
So the discrepancy can be due to
* someone not replying to the "please give me your invoice address" email
* someone not paying their invoice
* someone not sending their logo
* me being slow in any of these steps
* or the organisation not wanting their logo shown.
The current discrepancy of 7 (I added the "Boundless" logo yesterday) is
down to a mix of all five of the above reasons.
> would it be possible to publish the full list of corporate members with
> the monthly membership statistics - minus possibly the ones who object
> to this although this would appear rather moot considering the last
> point above?
Yes that would be possible, hopefully we can soon get rid of the
complicated manual process I have described above. One thing that we
have to discuss internally is from where on we actually treat someone as
a corporate member; personally I'd prefer "as soon as the first fee as
Frederik Ramm ## eMail frederik at remote.org ## N49°00'09" E008°23'33"
More information about the osmf-talk