[Osmf-talk] Corporate members list

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jan 15 08:38:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 01/08/2016 11:33 AM, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> - the membership stats [1] now list 18 corporate members
> - on the corporate members page [2] there are only 10 members listed
> - the fact that the other 8 are missing is probably mostly due to
> general logo use policies and delay in obtaining and adding the logos

The process is as follows:

* Someone signs up as a corporate member, which currently requires not
much more than an e-mail address to do.

* This increases the count on the statistics page.

* I send them an email asking for details (invoice address etc)

* Once they reply, they get an invoice.

* Once they pay, I will request their logo and put it up on the page.

So the discrepancy can be due to

* someone not replying to the "please give me your invoice address" email
* someone not paying their invoice
* someone not sending their logo
* me being slow in any of these steps
* or the organisation not wanting their logo shown.

The current discrepancy of 7 (I added the "Boundless" logo yesterday) is
down to a mix of all five of the above reasons.

> would it be possible to publish the full list of corporate members with
> the monthly membership statistics - minus possibly the ones who object
> to this although this would appear rather moot considering the last
> point above?

Yes that would be possible, hopefully we can soon get rid of the
complicated manual process I have described above. One thing that we
have to discuss internally is from where on we actually treat someone as
a corporate member; personally I'd prefer "as soon as the first fee as
been paid".

Bye
Frederik