[Osmf-talk] Anonymous Membership for OSMF

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Mar 1 16:17:55 UTC 2016

> in the past at least one time it became public that a payment from someone else than the member was rejected...

This was a case where:

* Person A entered their name in the OSMF board election list without
being an OSMF member

* Person B then signed person A up for membership and paid the fee

So it wasn't someone paying for someone else, it was someone registering
an OSMF membership in someone else's name in order for that other person
to be eligible for a position on the OSMF board.

OSMF board members must always be regular members, they cannot be
associate members.

I am not sure if we enforce that requirement when people stand for
election, or only after they're elected. I'd prefer the former.

Bye
Frederik