[Osmf-talk] Anonymous Donations

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 6 09:25:48 UTC 2016

Good to think about
a) why a company wants to donate anonymously/secretly
b) why people/members want to have transparency

What if donations over £500 were public in WHO donated, but don't need to
state how much?
It allows one to spot potential conflicts of interest (and confirm they've
been declared) or to question when a company is acting like they've bought
certain rights/access.
The value doesn't matter so much(under table deals could be different
values anyway) but I can see someone/company wanting to donate as much as
they can without a big shout they are the top/2nd/3rd... biggest donor. Of
course in some situations you could work it out from published accounts,
that's when you want the most transparency anyway.

Thanks for the reminder of the member auditor. Maybe that removes any need
to worry about secret accounts?

>From nearby the A1 motorway,
Gregory.