[Osmf-talk] A modest proposal for "spending some money"

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Thu Sep 29 14:08:08 UTC 2016

This looks similar to what I proposed earlier for reorganization of EWG:

The Engineering Working Group will do little programming, but a lot of planning and community relations. Its tasks are outlined on the current EWG wiki page: assistance with developer events, helping new developers with current tasks and directing them to people who know stuff (e.g. to core software developers). And financial assistance: grants for hosting hackathons, and potentially grants for developing software. The scope of this group is finding new developers and promoting the OSM development. It partially includes development strategy, since this group should know where the project is heading and which tools are needed.

Working on the EWG would be hard, but I hope rewarding. If you want to help, discussing the development strategy and forming proposals weekly, drop me a note. We'll have the first EWG meeting late October if we have enough members.

IZ