[Osmf-talk] Next OSMF Board Meeting 2017-04-18

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Mon Apr 17 23:29:59 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 18 April 2017, Dorothea Kazazi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The next board meeting is this Tuesday, 18th of April
> 2017, starting at 20:00 London time.
>
> You can find our current agenda here:
> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-04-18

Thanks for the info.

In the agenda it says:

"The OSMF board will have a closed session portion of the meeting about
corporate map editing."

I am somewhat worried about this.  In the past there have been closed
parts of the board meeting when it comes to subjects involving personal
information or corporate donations - which is understandable to some
extent but has usually been on very specific matters and strictly
limited in scope.  But corporate map editing in general, dealing with
it and potential policies regarding it is quite fundamentally a
community matter and discussing it and possibly even making decisions
about it is in my eyes not appropriate to do based on information that
is not openly accessible to the mapping community as a whole.  In other
words and in a somewhat broader sense: The board should probably try to
limit the scope of matters where they have secrets from the OSMF
members and the OSM community, especially when it comes to core matters
of OSM like map editing.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/