[Osmf-talk] Next OSMF Board Meeting 2017-04-18

Michael Reichert nakaner at gmx.net
Tue Apr 18 17:55:58 UTC 2017

Dear board of directors,

Am 18.04.2017 um 14:47 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> On 18.04.2017 14:04, Christoph Hormann wrote:
>> But if you want to discuss a
>> possible policy you might want to take the ideas collected there into
>> account.
>
> It is unlikely that board is going to discuss the details of a policy;
> more likely that we'll discuss "what process should we use to come up
> with a policy", and you can rest assured that whatever process we decide
> on will give the community plenty of opportunity to weigh in.

Why don't you discuss this question in public while not speaking out the
name of the organization?

I am disappointed by this board of directors and doubt that it is not as
independent as necessary in its decisions because it hopes to get a big
donation (donations don't have to be money, a donor can also offer
hardware, data, software or engineers). OSM is an project in the open
and your way keeping things secrete which do not have to be kept secret
contradicts a possible guideline which might include phrases stressing
the openness and transparency of the OpenStreetMap project. I don't want
that this or future boards of directors work as a proxy between OSM and
groups editing in OSM. The groups (their representatives) should
directly communicate with the community.

Best regards

Michael