[Osmf-talk] Language, tone and their explanations - why I resigned from HOT US Inc

Rihards richlv at nakts.net
Fri Dec 1 16:36:00 UTC 2017

On 2017.12.01. 18:10, Severin Menard wrote:
> (Automatic translation in English - original in French below)

thank you to Heather for the earlier reply, and thank you to Severin for
this reply. my french knowledge stops at translating a few mostly
innuendo phrases by Russ Mael, so i'll have to go by your english version.

this is one extremely interesting debate/conflict. if i was into
anthropology, i'd study my response. outcome will define osmf and by
extension the whole osm. i'll tread carefully.

by now, we have more background info and new responses in this topic. a
few of those raise extremely important topics (looking forward to
Heather's response to the accusation that coc was used as a way to
silence any criticism of HOT practices) that may not be buried.

i'd like to ask all participants not to derail this topic - we seem to
have all reached some common calm ground. let's put forward the facts
and do so in a polite way.

was that all all too fuzzy ? oh fuck yeah. i might want to burst out
into overanalysing every detail[1] and then ending 13728734 page email
on that.
if i do that, we all lose. if YOU do that, we all lose.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quotes#2012-04-18

 Rihards