[Osmf-talk] Gender in OSM/OSMF

Selene Yang seleneyang1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 17:21:55 UTC 2017

Hello, everybody.

Miriam, thank you very much for the introduction.

>From Geochicas we're not only looking into women's participation in the
community as a numeric factor, but we're also seeking to understand the
role and representation of women (the role in decision making spaces as
well as the representation of women's interests in the community activities
and in the map itself). I think we can start articulating with the
different gender focused groups that are working in Africa, Asia, Europe as
you mentioned above, and maybe we can have a more integrated discussion
with different points of view about diversity and also different cultural
contexts and backgrounds.

We're also conducting a survey about gender representation in the
community, we want to present the results in Milano next year for the
global SOTM. This survey not only measures the amount of women in the
community but also the perception about hostile situations between
community members, if there's a need for a appropriate code of conduct, and
so on... You can find it here:
geochicas.org/index.php/que-hacemos/proyectos/encuesta-sobre-genero/. Is
written in several languages thanks to many community members. Please fill
it out and spread the word about it if you can 😊🤓

Best regards, and wishing to hear from you all.

Sele

--
Selene Yang Rappaccioli
Candidata Doctoral en Comunicación