[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should **NOT** Adopt a Code of Conduct

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Sun Dec 3 22:42:31 UTC 2017

On Sunday 03 December 2017, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > But, as others have already pointed out, OSM is not an open source
> > community. Therefore, not a good comparison.
>
> I disagree much with this statement too.
> It's a community that produces open content, and it's really close in
> the dynamics to those communities.

To explain:

None of these projects you mentioned is even remotely comparable to OSM
regarding global scope and cultural diversity.

Developing a software product in no way depends on the global cultural
diversity of its development community to fulfill its purpose.  OSM
however does.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/