[Osmf-talk] Proposal - OSMF Should **NOT** Adopt a Code of Conduct

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Mon Dec 4 10:29:15 UTC 2017

On Monday 04 December 2017, Nikos Roussos wrote:

> But as others have already stated, these examples are comparable by
> the nature of their communities that have similar characteristics as
> OSM in terms of cultural diversity.

And as myself and others have explained plenty OSM has a very distinct
and unique nature as a project and a distinct culture that is very
different in many aspects of that of open source software projects.  I
have contributed to enough open source software projects to notice the
difference.

Many mappers would very much dislike it if OSM was like a garden variety
open source software project in its culture of communication and
interaction.

Now i cannot make you recognize that but i can expect you to acknowledge
that others see it this way.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/