[Osmf-talk] Actually OSMF, we already have a "Code of Conduct"

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Mon Dec 4 13:55:40 UTC 2017

Exactly! All groups already have a Code of Conduct, including OSM!

* OSM has the unelected Data Working Group which has gone as far as
banning people for life for certain conduct!

* Someone removes all the spam diary entries

* If I were to post 1,000 emails per day to an OSM list, I'm pretty sure
I'd be kicked off it.

So we already have a code of conduct. It's unwritten, but there are some
advantages of codifying it, and writing down what we don't want to accept.