[Osmf-talk] What's all this stuff about HOT, and how is it relevant for OSMF.

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Dec 4 18:30:01 UTC 2017

Am 04.12.2017 um 18:14 schrieb Mikel Maron:
> > everybody can decide for themselves
>
> Amen!
>
> > that is all not true
>
> That's all true history, but I just don't think you know me well
> enough to know my whole history, and we're focusing on HOT because
> it's been (unfairly) made an election issue.
>
> What I disagree with -- that I represent the humanitarian sector on
> the Board. Any more than I represent the UK community or craftmappers
> (I mapped an entire city by bicycle) or Mapbox (my employer) or the
> DWG (which I started) or State of the Map (which I am actively engaged
> in).
I specifically avoided using "represent", and wrote "..limiting itself
to a presence of a maximum of two seats .." to avoid yet another
discussion of if representation is a thing on the OSMF board. There is
no requirement to disclose any arrangements of any kind around standing
for election so in the end we don't and can't know except if voluntarily
declared.  What we can reasonably deduce is that the direct employers
are OK with it.

So the question is more: are you heavily involved in the humanitarian
sector or not?

Simon