[Osmf-talk] Surveys (was: Gender in OSM/OSMF)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Dec 6 12:54:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 06.12.2017 13:37, joost schouppe wrote:
> One last note is that it would be good if we could coordinate more on
> surveys. There are many similar things going on. One of the reactions to
> our OSM-science initiative [1] was exactly this. I was a bit hesitant at
> first, but I'm starting to feel an osm-science mailing list might be
> useful (or a different medium might be good or better). Then there could
> be one place to send survey plans to, and look for ways in which surveys
> can empower each other instead of duplicating each other in parts.

This sounds like a good idea. I'm not a scientist myself but I have
witnessed that scientists are often reluctant to get too involved,
preferring to study from afar. While a forum like that could offer
knowledge or practical help to scientists studying OSM, I'd also hope
that the scientists could in return help us to learn more about our own
community. There's much more to designing a survey than clicking around
for an hour on survey monkey ;)

I'm sure the OSMF would happily host (or pay for the use of) a survey
platform that could then be used for such endeavours.

Bye
Frederik