[Osmf-talk] Surveys

Haklay, Muki m.haklay at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 6 21:39:43 UTC 2017

I’ll join also the support of a sample, but I wouldn’t go for random. Going back to the study that Nama did (with bits of help from me), we started from the analysis of the planet file to have classifications of participants, then used the username to invite people through mapper-to-mapper communication. The reason that you need to follow a more stratified sampling is participation inequality (that’s why I’m going on and on about it - https://www.ubiquitypress.com/site/chapters/10.5334/bax.c/ ) – because there is such a tiny group of heavy contributors, without a targeted sampling, it’s very likely to miss them…
Muki