[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's report for 2017 AGM

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Dec 8 10:15:24 UTC 2017

On Friday 08 December 2017, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> [...]
>
> I have roughly:
>
> £18.5k for flights
> £1.5k for visa fees, postage, travel to/from embassy
> £3.9k for hotel stay in Japan
> £2.1k for travel in Japan
> £0.5k per diem ("pocket money")
> £1.5k admin assistant time (mostly help with visa stuff)

Ok, that pretty much covers the accounting side and looks fine.

> > * how many applicants where there?
> > * what criteria was the selection based on and who made the
> > selection? * what expenses were paid?
>
> I can't say anything about the first two points, and the third point
> is hopefully answered by the above.

Yes.  It is a bit unfair of me to bring this up in connection with the
treasurer's report because that is not your responsibility as treasurer
but if the OSMF wants to continue providing scholarships this way i
think there needs to be a defined procedure and accountability for
that.  After all we are talking about in the order of 30k of money
here.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/