[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's report for 2017 AGM

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Dec 8 21:35:00 UTC 2017

On Friday 08 December 2017, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> The donor asked to wait until the server was live and the final
> report submitted back to them. [...]

Well - I completely get that during negotiations about a donation things
need to be kept confidential but once the donation is made and accepted
it needs to be communicated to the members and the donor has no right
to request this information to be withheld from the members.  I am no
expert in UK corporate law but i would expect this to be even a legal
requirement. Maybe someone who knows this better can shed some light on
it - since the members are formally liable i would assume the law
contains obligations for the board to inform the members about anything
substantially affecting the financial situations of the company in a
timely manner.  Doing this literally last minute the day before the AGM
has at best - as we tend to say in southern Germany - a "Geschm├Ąckle".

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/