[Osmf-talk] Chairperson's Report for the AGM

Ivo Stankov ivo at e-stankov.com
Sun Dec 10 15:20:58 UTC 2017

Dear Kate,

I am not aware of the requirements (or if there are any) of the Chairpersons report.

My expectations from it were to provide a summary/report of the activities, decisions, rejected notions, problems, dodged bullets, and other factual information on what has happened in the OSMF (board) in the past year. And an outlook.

I liked the outlook part of your text and the main message of keeping together because, ultimatelly, we are all allies.

On the other hand, I must say I was very underwhelmed by the "report" part of the text. I find it was severely lacking substance.

Best,
Ivo

On Sunday, December 10, 2017, Kate Chapman wrote:
> Michael,
>
> There is no requirement that I put less "feelings" in the chairperson
> report.
>
> Being that there is a long history of men telling women they have too many
> feelings I suggest you rethink what you wrote.
>
> -Kate
>

> On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 12:29 AM, nebulon42 <nebulon42 at mailbox.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the report and thanks for the honesty. I also will be honest:
> >
> > After reading I found myself thinking:
> > * Has nothing happened at OSMF last year at all?
> > * What about all the new local chapters, etc etc.?
> > * Is this really the chairperson's report?
> >
> > Have you tried putting in less gut feeling and more facts? It really could
> > have benefitted from more facts. As it is now it is quite meagre I think.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> > Am 9. Dezember 2017 00:31:00 MEZ schrieb Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com>:
> >>
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I've written and posted the Chairperson's Report here: https://www.
> >> openstreetmap.org/user/wonderchook/diary/42917
> >>
> >> See you in 16.5 hours or tomorrow if you are in my timezone.
> >>
> >> -Kate

Sent from a SailfishOS mobile phone