[Osmf-talk] Chairperson's Report for the AGM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Dec 10 15:23:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 10.12.2017 09:29, nebulon42 wrote:
> Have you tried putting in less gut feeling and more facts? It really
> could have benefitted from more facts.

On the other hand, facts are usually what's obvious anyway. It is not
unusual for chairpersons or heads of state to use an opportunity like
this to reflect on other things than just bare facts.

If it hasn't become obvious in the last couple of weeks, feelings can
have a significant impact on discourse in the project, especially if
whipped up into an "us versus them" narrative.

The board microcosm isn't any different; I've seen quite a few years of
board work in which personal animosities made it difficult to get
anything done at all.

Perhaps thinking about more about "feelings" does make sense after all?

Bye
Frederik