[Osmf-talk] Chairperson's Report for the AGM

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 16:14:17 UTC 2017

 blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } And there is also nothing wrong with asking for more concrete information. I do think it's worth investing effort to communicate with more care. For example, this ...
> Thanks for the honest look at the state of OSMF this year. I would have also liked to read more details about what happened last year in the Foundation -- when you have time, could you or someone else on the Board share a bit more detail please.
... gets across the same reaction with giving some respect to not only the Chair but the about 800 or so other people subscribed to this mailing list.
Mikel

On Sunday, December 10, 2017, 11:09 AM, Eric Sherman <ericandrewsherman at gmail.com> wrote:

I second that!!!
On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 7:26 AM Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:

Michael,
There is no requirement that I put less "feelings" in the chairperson report.
Being that there is a long history of men telling women they have too many feelings I suggest you rethink what you wrote.
-Kate

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 12:29 AM, nebulon42 <nebulon42 at mailbox.org> wrote:

Thanks for the report and thanks for the honesty. I also will be honest:

After reading I found myself thinking:
* Has nothing happened at OSMF last year at all?
* What about all the new local chapters, etc etc.?
* Is this really the chairperson's report?

Have you tried putting in less gut feeling and more facts? It really could have benefitted from more facts. As it is now it is quite meagre I think.

Michael

Am 9. Dezember 2017 00:31:00 MEZ schrieb Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com>:
Hi All,
I've written and posted the Chairperson's Report here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/wonderchook/diary/42917
See you in 16.5 hours or tomorrow if you are in my timezone.
-Kate