[Osmf-talk] "a viper pit of racism and misogyny"

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 15:15:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Robert Kaiser <kairo at kairo.at> wrote:
> Frederik Ramm schrieb:
>>
>> I'm totally in favour of an anti harassment policy: No violence. No
>> threats of violence. No offensive comments related to gender, gender
>> identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness,
>> neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion.
>> No unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and
>> practices. No stalking, following, deliberate intimidation. That's all
>> fine.
>

> That's actually a good start for community guidelines (or CoC as some want
> to call it).
>
> KaiRo

if you can add in to the "no offensive comments related to" list
national origin or culture, then I agree, it is a good start for
community participation guidelines.

I suggest that addition so that the osm community would be subject to
fewer statements like this one from IRC #OSM channel last night:

"America's death cannot come swiftly or painfully enough."

Which, while not email list specific, statements like that and the
joking approval of it that followed, contributes to the feelings
expressed by the subject line of this email thread.

Regards,
blake