[Osmf-talk] Rendering hill figures

edloach at gmail.com edloach at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:33:09 UTC 2017

Andy wrote:

> I and several others have taken the trouble to map the outlines of
> hill figures, like:
>
> The Whipsnade lion:
>     http://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=51.8486337%2C
> -0.5544528#map=18/51.84863/-0.55445
>
> The Fovant badges
>    http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/51.05348/-1.97971
>
> It would be good if these tourist attractions could be rendered in the
> default map.

A couple of quick thoughts. Could you combine the outline of the Lion with the tourism=attraction node, rather than having two OSM objects representing the same thing? I suspect area tourist attractions render in some way.  Also if you were to map the surrounding grass landuse as a multipolygon the lion could be a hole, like some of the shapes on Dovercourt sea front http://osm.org/go/0EH50LYJf

Ed