[Osmf-talk] Board term limits and term lengths

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Nov 10 22:45:09 UTC 2017

On 11/10/2017 8:33 AM, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Technical question: Am i right that changing the AoA requires a 3/4
> majority of the members no matter if initiated by the board or by the
> members?

Yes, but votes, not members. To change the AoA it requires a Special
Resolution, which requires 75% to pass, and members are eligible to
vote. In this context, member is a member of the company according to
the companies' act, not an associate member, which is a construct of the
OSMF's AoA.

The Companies' Act has more details, and there are some other
requirements around Special Resolutions. I also don't recall if it's
greater than 75% or exactly 75% to pass.